Following last week’s snake and lizard display, Yanchep Central are continuing their celebration of all things reptile with a themed origami show and folding workshop activity for the kids!
Over the next 3 days, kids will learn fun reptile facts about dinosaurs and reptiles, below are origami instructions of some of the models being showcased by the presenters on the day.
This FREE kids activity is running Tuesday 28, Wednesday 29 & Thursday 30 January between 11am to 2pm.
Fun facts about Tyrannosaurus Rex!
• Tyrannosaurus comes Greek & Latin words meaning “Tyrant Lizard King”.
• T-Rex roamed the earth 65 million years ago in what’s now USA & Canada.
• They were huge! Growing up to 12 m long, 6m tall and could run up to 20km/h!
• They were carnivores! Meaning they only ate meat, especially naughty kids!
Fun facts about the Cobra:
• Snake charmers often charm cobras, the cobra is mesmerised by the shape & movement of the flute, not the sound.
• The main predator of the cobra is the mongoose because the mongoose is immune to its poison.
• Venom from a cobra can kill a person within 1 hour.
Fun Frog facts:
• Largest frog in the world is the Goliath frog aka Goliath bullfrog aka Giant Slippery Frog! Grows up to 32 cm and can weigh as much as 3.25 kg!
• Longest recorded jump by a frog was completed by a frog called Santjie at a South African frog derby. It jumped almost 4 metres!
• Frogs don’t need to drink water because they absorb it through their skin!
Find out more about what’s happening at Yanchep Central by following them on Facebook.