11 ideas to keep the kids occupied and you sane
By Kids in Perth, 30 Mar 2020
So here we are, first day for most of us juggling work and kids at home. As parents ourselves, we know what you are going through, so we want to start sharing our top tips for helping kids learn and have fun, and we want to hear from you! Share your ideas and tag @kidsinperth on your socials – we are all in this together!
• Have a house treasure hunt – get kids to write out or draw clues
• Get the kids active with Cosmic Kids Yoga
• Encourage kids to start a diary complete with drawings
• Chalk up your driveway with rainbows and #rainbowtrailaustralia on instagram
• Create a wishing jar where you all put in each day a wish for when isolation is over
• Get the grandparents or other family members involved, ask them to read a story over FaceTime or help take a school lesson
• Subscribe for FREE to Goodstart Early Learning’s weekly activities platform – Goodstart at Home. Perfect for kids aged 0-5.
• Make natural playdough. Here’s a recipe from Meerlinga
• Follow Taskmaster, keep an eye out on Twitter (https://twitter.com/taskmaster) for each task, send in your attempts. https://www.youtube.com/taskmaster
• Listen to a real astronaut read a book from space: https://storytimefromspace.com/
• Use arts and crafts or odds and ends round the house to make a sculpture and have an art show.
Follow us on our socials and tag us in to show us what activity you’re doing! And don’t forget to check back next Monday for another 11 ideas!