Comfort foods, aren’t they great? We all have our favourites, they make us feel satisfied, happy and content especially when it’s pouring down outside, dark and cold.
Many people even associate them with members of their family, social gatherings and being taken care of, so what could be better for Father’s Day this year than getting the kids involved and rustle up delicious cheesy stuffed potatoes, made with one of the ultimate in comfort foods – cheese!
- 4 med-large potatoes
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup Brownes Dairy sour cream
- 1 cup Brownes Dairy shredded or grated cheese
- 4 bacon strips diced and fried 1 onion
- Bake potatoes in oven or microwave. Cool slightly.
- Cut each potato in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- In a large bowl, mash the pulp with butter. Stir in the sour cream, cheese, bacon and onions. Spoon into potato shells and sprinkle some more shredded cheese on top.
- Place on a baking sheet. Bake in oven around 200 degrees celcius for approx 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
Remember after you have sat down with dad though and tucked in, that someone will still have to do the dishes…and it won’t be him; its Father’s Day!
Brownes Dairy have launched their new Cheddar Cheese, the only large scale WA-made cheddar using fresh south west milk and made in Brunswick. Now available at all IGAs and via www.homedelivery.brownesdairy.com.au